Evil Tester's Compendium of Testing Apps
A Compendium of applications, pages and REST APIs that you can use to practice your testing and automating.
These are also used in training provided by Alan Richardson (Evil Tester).
How to use
Download the current release
.jar file or clone the repo and build it yourself.
java -jar compendium-of-test-apps-v1-1.jar
The server should start and you'll see something like:
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder". SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details. User : superadmin - a791c960-b15d-4948-b971-dbd8212b3125 User : admin - d31b83a0-ca64-4d88-a14d-910d52e30586 User : user - 0a867cf0-d6eb-45c8-90c4-09f4fb108b94 Running on 4567
You can access the apps and pages by visiting:
Building it yourself
If you want to build it yourself rather than use the release version then.
\java folder where the top level
pom.xml is, run
I release the
.jar file in the subdirectory
I release the
*-jar-with-dependencies.jar and I usually rename it to get rid of the
-jar-with-dependencies.jar part to make it easier to type.
The individual applications each have their own
...jar-with-dependencies.jar in their own
Runnable applications are:
- RestListicator - a REST API
- SeleniumTestPages - a set of simple pages for Web GUI Automating
- The Pulper - a GUI 'pulp' CRUD App for exploratory testing or automating
- TestingApp - all the above wrapped into one executable jar
The GUI will change gradually over time and more applications will be added.
All of the parts of the compilation can be built individually if you use the module projects in the sub directories, e.g. if you only want the REST Listicator API then you can build and run just the restlisticator, but most people will find the Compendium compilation as the easiest way to run the apps.
This Compendium Contains:
- Selenium Test Pages as used for "Selenium WebDriver with Java training" and the book "Selenium Simplified"
- Rest Listicator as used for REST API training
- The Pulper - a GUI application for exploratory testing and web automating - this has multiple versions built in which can be toggled via the GUI
- A variety of applications used for Technical Testing training and actual production use
I found a bug, what do I do?
Remember that these are testing apps, some bugs are to be expected.
But if you find anything that causes the local application to crash (that should not happen) or find something that prevents you moving forward then let me know, either via github or contact me via my website
The releases should work. Their @Test methods were run during the build. And some interactive investigation would have been performed prior to release. Snapshot is not guaranteed to run, but the build status (as reported by travis) can be seen here .
You might like to sign up to my email mailing list where I will mention any updates to the application.