A simple file locking test tool written in AutoIt
create a locky.ini file
files to be locked are put in a [LOCK_FILES] section any other sections are ignored
files are on the left hand side of the .ini list e.g.
the value on the right hand side of the .ini file (after the = ) is ignored if the filename does not have an = after it then it will be ignored
file paths can be
- full paths e.g. c:\program files\someprogram\somedatafile.dat
- filenames e.g. locky.ini (the file has to be in the same dir as the locky program)
- relative e.g. ..\afile_in_the_directory_above.txt (relative to the locky program location)
run locky [retry] reloads the ini file and locks any new files in the init section [cancel] closes the program and releases the locks
if a file is locked and [retry] is pressed then the lock is not released
a maximum of 64 files can be locked
If a file is locked and I press retry then is the lock temporarily lost?
- no the lock is not temporarily lost
If I just close the window is the lock retained?
- no the lock is lost when locky is closed