Example automated execution code for REST Listicator test application.
Used in REST API Testing Training by Alan Richardson.
Feel free to use this course to learn more about testing REST APIs with Rest Assured.
Suggested Exercise - Critique the code:
- what does the abstraction layer prevent you from doing?
- are the methods well named?
ListCreationTesthas been built to demonstrate the build up of abstractions. What else would you add to it?
- how would you structure the code?
The code is not intended to be a 'best practice' approach to automating or using REST Assured.
You might also like to compare this to some other code bases using REST Assured to see what style of coding you prefer:
Mark Winteringham's code in different languages and frameworks demonstrating REST API automated execution
Bas Dijkstra's API REST Assured Code and slides
James Willett's blog posts on REST Assured
Github code samples using REST Assured
Automating and Testing a REST API
- support page (videos) - https://www.compendiumdev.co.uk/page/tracksrestsupport
- book - https://compendiumdev.co.uk/pag/tracksrestapibook