Evolution CMS 2.0 is fully compatible with earlier versions
To understand what is Evolution CMS 2.0 and how to work with Evolution 2.0, I recommend reading the content from the links below:
In the runSnippet method, 2 parameters were added to cache snippet results
string runSnippet (string $ snippetName [, array $ params, int $ cacheTime, string $ cacheKey]);
Actual for use in BLADE templates. Since by default all snippets are not cached and there are no [] and [!!] snippet execution options, this also makes it possible to cache snippets not forever before resetting the cache as it was before, but for some certain period of time + cacheKey which makes it possible to cache the same snippet for many pages at once.
To upgrade from 1.4.9 and below:
- Update to the latest version 1.4 (1.4.10) If there are problems with the display of icons: (Delete /manager/media/style/default/css/styles.min.css)
- Check that php version 7.2+
- Create a file core / config / database / connections / default.php with the contents:
in which placeholders are replaced by their data.
- Delete the manager folder
- Pour over all the files from the archive 2.0
- create an empty '.install' file in the core folder
For upgrades from 2.0.0-alpha and 2.0.0-RC
- Delete /manager/media/style/default/css/styles.min.css
- remove from /core/custom/composer.json: "vlucas / phpdotenv": "~ 2.2"
- upload all files on top
- run composer upd from the core folder (if you used new features using composer)