Welcome to django-stored-messages's documentation!
Django contrib.messages on steroids!
The app integrates smoothly with Django's messages framework
django.contrib.messages), but users can decide which messages have to be stored on the database
backend and kept available over sessions.
- Seamless integration with
- All the features are in a mixin you can attach to your existing storage
- Stored messages are archived in the database or in a Redis instance
- Users can configure which message levels have to be persisted
- REST api to retrieve and mark messages as read (needs
- Signalling api to perform actions in response to messages activity
- Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5
- Django 1.8, 1.9
- Django Rest Framework >= 3.3 (only if you want to use REST endpoints)
Do you use an earlier version of Django or Django Rest Framework? An old version of stored_messages is available even if it's not supported anymore. Anyway, plan a migration to a newer version.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 installation usage backends advanced_usage migrations contributing authors history