What is this?
This is a copy of the Open Trip Planner patform. It is for transit routing in the city of Chicago.
The idea is to make a free, Chicago-specific routing website and API for developers to build transit apps on top of.
An API for transit routing
Example API call
curl --header "Accept: application/json" http://ec2-54-227-63-227.compute-1.amazonaws.com/opentripplanner-api-webapp/ws/plan \ ?mode=TRANSIT%2CWALK \ &optimize=QUICK \ &maxWalkDistance=840 \ &walkSpeed=1.341 \ &date=2013-08-13 \ &toPlace=41.823781%2C-87.613907 \ &fromPlace=41.900999%2C-87.696304
See the issue tracker for details.
- walking directions (included in OTP) done
- driving directions (included in OTP) done
- biking directions (included in OTP) done
- CTA bus and train tracker arrival data
- Divvy bike share station availability
- Metra arrival data
- Auto traffic data from buses
- Large event information (think "stay away from the lake front trail during the air show")
Server hosting provided by the Smart Chicago Collaborative