Brevis - The Modern URL Shortener Webapp
Developed by Eric Liang
Brevis is a URL Shortening webapp created using NodeJS, ExpressJS, and NuxtJS (MEVN stack). The name "brevis" is the Latin term for "short", which represents the functionality of a URL "short"ening webapp after all!
- This is NOT made with Bitly API or any URL Shortening APIs from any URL Shortening Sites.
- I made this for the sake of fun and practice. I didn't focus too much on security of the webapp, so use at your own risk if you plan to release this into a production environment. You are responsible for anything that happens.
- HTML/CSS/JS - Language
- Vue.js (Nuxt.js) - Frontend Framework
- Node.js - Backend Framework
- Express.js - Backend Framework
- Mocha.js/Chai.js - Backend Testing
- Make sure you have the necessary tools installed on your machine to run Node.js, Nuxt.js, and Express.js applications.
- Run "npm install"
- inside folder brevis-api
- inside folder brevis-client
- Start the API backend in brevis-api folder by running "npm start".
- Next start the API frontend in brevis-client folder by running "npm run dev" if you're on a development machine.
- Enjoy! :)
Assuming you just downloaded the project and extracted it from the .zip folder.
- Run "npm install" in the api folder.
- Run "npm test" to run the tests created.
All tests are contained in the /brevis-api/test folder.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details