This assumes your shell of choice is Bash.
Paste the following to a Terminal prompt:
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/exalted/dotfiles/main/install)"
Whenever you feel like, run a simple command to keep your environment up-to-date:
How to add new software
- Create a script file anywhere (also in a nested directory) inside
- Make sure it's executable (
chmod +x software/example.rb).
- Make sure it has correct shebang (e.g.,
#!/bin/shfor Shell, etc.).
- Make sure they're self executable, meaning they work even if you run them directly like
./software/example.rbrather than through
- Try to write your script as less order dependent as possible related to order software.