Vamos is a 2D component-oriented game development library written in the ooc programming language. It is inspired by FlashPunk, also drawing ideas from LÖVE and over game libraries.
- Modular graphic and collision system (based on FlashPunk)
- Component system, allows you create reusable behaviours for entities.
- Existing components for timers, tweening, and simple physics.
- Graphic classes for images, bitmap fonts, tilemaps (WIP), and animation.
- Easy management, loading, and generation of assets.
- Framerate-independent update loop.
- Few dependencies (the whole engine only needs one DLL/shared lib, for SDL)
To get started with Vamos, you'll need to install the following three ooc packages:
Of these, only ooc-sdl2 requires extra setup. You'll need to download the SDL 2.0 C sources from http://www.libsdl.org/hg.php and compile and install them for your system.
stb-image is used to load .png files (and other image formats). stb-vorbis is used for playing music in .ogg format. These two libraries are entirely self-contained, you just have to copy them to your ooc libs folder.
(more stuff will be added here as we think of it)
- Improve performance of tilemaps
- Get sound working (currently only music works, and it's not so simple to use)