Dropbox monitoring tool. I have this running on a Raspberry Pi via a cronjob, which checks a bunch of listed Dropbox folders (which my user has access to) and sends out an email showing any new files in those folders.
- clone into a directory
- cp raydar-config.php.template to raydar-config.php
- edit raydar-config.php to point to your .raydar in your home directory
- create a .raydar directory in your home directory
- add the following files to the directory above: ** dirs - list of directories in Dropbox to check ** smtp - more info to come on how to set up SMTP.
- The script uses Dropbox-Uploader, so you'll need to set up an app in Dropbox, and set up the script as per instructions at https://github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader - this will basically mean running ./bash/Dropbox-Uploader/dropbox_uploader.sh from the base directory of the repo. Once you have an access key, the script should work.
[scan_dirs] /Photos/mine /Photos/Bob
smtp_host=host.example.com smtp_auth=true smtp_username=my-user smtp_password=my-password smtp_secure=tls
smtp_subject=Dropbox updates [[DATE]]
- Maybe move to a per-directory cache, rather than a directory-tree based one (would preserve cache if moving between sub/parent folders)
- Link recursive option to dirs config