Get an animated news slider in 5 steps!
How to install
- Cloning the project:
- Go to the GitHub repository exo-addons/news-slider and clone the project.
- Adding resources:
- Go to the back-office of eXo Platform (using the File Explorer).
- Add a content folder (
NewsFolderfor example) in which you'll store the news items (for example under
/shared), you may create news using the '
Free Layout Webcontent' template, try to add an illustration image and fileout a summary, in order to be displayed as a preview of the news in our news silder.
PS: For tests, you can import the artificat
NewsFolder.xmlinto your File System.
- Upload the CSS file
NewsSlider.cssto any location you want (for example: under
/shared/css) and copy its path
- Upload the JS file
jquery.easing.min.js(which is the JQuery librairy) to any location you want (for example: under
/shared/js) and copy its path
- Update the resources paths:
Go to the template file
NewsSliderCLVTemplate.gtmpland update the exacte location of the resources, for both JS and CSS files (already saved in
, if not go back to this files
/shared/css, right click on the file, select the last menu entry '
Copy URL to clipboard' and past it the
srcparameter like below:
Ensure that the path is not a private link in order to make the news viewable for guests (for that, delete
/privatefrom the path).
- Add the template via IDE:
- Go to the IDE, select the
dms-systemworkspace, navigate to
exo:ecm > views > templates > content-list-viewer > list.
- Add a new template.
- Copy/Past the content of the GTMPL file
NewsSliderCLVTemplate.gtmplinto this template and save it as
- Add the CLV and configure it:
- Now, we are ready to add our news slider into a website.
- Go to a given website, ACME for example, edit the layout, add a new portlet
(content > content list)to a given page.
- Edit this content list portlet, configure it by selecting the news folder path (in our case, '
/shared/NewsFolder', and selecting our new CLV template
- It's possible also to configure the slider on terms of amount of news, existence of pagination or not.