This project is an super simple example of using an Arduino board to POST data to the cloud via Exosite. It assumes that your Arduino board has a Wiznet Ethernet shield connected.
License is BSD, Copyright 2011, Exosite LLC (see LICENSE file)
Tested with Arduino 22
1) Download the Arduino toolchain and development environment
2) Open the "arduino_http_post.pde" file from the Arduino software
3) Edit the "PUTYOURCIKHERE" value in arduino_http_post.h to match your CIK value
- HINT: Obtain a CIK from https://portals.exosite.com by clicking +Add Device
4) Edit the network values in arduino_http_post.h to match your network setup
- e.g. ip, gateway, subnet
5) In Portals (https://portals.exosite.com), add two DataSources to match the
data resource numbers the code is using.
- HINT: Goto https://portals.exosite.com/manage/data and click +Add Data Source
- HINT: Ensure the "Resource:" values are set to "1" and "2" respectively to match
6) In the Arduino software, compile and verify there are no errors
7) Go to Tools->Serial Port and select the serial port your Arduino is connected to
8) Go to File->Upload to I/O Board to upload the program
9) After "Done uploading" is displayed, go to https://portals.exosite.com to see
your data in the cloud!
- HINT: Your Arduino must be connected to the Internet via the RJ-45 ethernet jack
For more information on this project and other examples, checkout our Exosite
Garage github page at http://exosite-garage.github.com
--) added readme.md file