Provision API Usage Examples
These are examples of how to interact with Exosite's Provisioning API. The file "provision_test.py" shows a sequence for setting up, using, and then tearing down the provisioning interface for a given VENDOR.
The management APIs assume you have your own Portals Whitebox at a URL like ..com -> e.g. portals.exosite.com.
License is BSD, Copyright 2012, Exosite LLC (see LICENSE file)
Built/tested with Python 2.7
Register for API keys on the One Platform by signing up for an Exosite Portals whitebox at https://portals.exosite.com. You will need the following keys and information:
- VENDORNAME -> get this on the /admin/provision page of a Portals instance
- VENDORTOKEN -> same place
- CLONERID -> create a client (device) in the Portals instance somewhere and check the box "Use as Clone" (or use the JSON RPC API to set it up)
- OWNERCIK -> the easiest thing here is to use a Portal CIK - get this from a Portal listed on your /account/portals page
After filling in the constants per above, run the script
Check the script output to get an understanding for how everything works.
- Provision API Overview -> http://exosite.com/products/onep/documentation?cid=4523
- Provision API Reference -> http://exosite.com/products/onep/documentation?cid=5981
- The provisoining system is a powerful interface that allows a device OEM to deploy fleets of devices and for those devices to subsequently instantiate themselves with the Exosite system. When a device instantiates with its model's profile, you can have scripts automatically run to do things like provision on a cellular network, notify stakeholders of activity, begin a billing process, enable additional features, etc...