Just select the files you want to process in the TextMate project drawer, hit a shortcut, and you're done.
The YUI Compressor TextMate Bundle requires:
- The Yahoo! YUI Compressor.
- Python version 2.5 or greater (installed as standard on Mac OS 10.5 and above).
- TextMate (obviously).
- Extract the YUI Compressor TextMate Bundle ZIP file.
- Copy the
yuicompressor.jarfile to a location of your choosing.
YUI Compressor.tmbundleto install the bundle in TextMate.
- Open TextMate, and navigate to the Bundle Editor.
- Select the
Preferences...item from the
YUI Compressorbundle, and replace the text
/absolute/path/to/yuicompressor.jarwith the actual path to the
.jarfile from step 2. Note that this must be an absolute path;
Select the files you want to compress in the Project Drawer, and execute the command using
The compressed files share the same root filename, with the addition of
.min before the file extension. For example:
It's worth noting that:
- Existing files with the same name will be overwritten without warning.
- Files with an extension other than
.jswill be silently ignored.
--nomungeoption is automatically enabled.
The YUI Compressor TextMate Bundle is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
All code specific to the YUI Compressor itself is issued under a BSD license. YUI Compressor extends and implements code from Mozilla's Rhino project, which is issued under the Mozilla Public License (MPL).
The YUI Compressor TextMate Bundle is no longer under active development, but if you have a problem please post a support request.
1.0.3 (released 16th June, 2009)
- Fixed bug whereby file paths with spaces were not being processed.
- Updated bundled YUI Compressor to version 2.4.2.
1.0.2 (released 8th April, 2009)
- Added changelog.
- Implemented a friendlier error message when the user attempts to run the compressor without first selecting any files.