Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
Sailaway to NMEA
This is a Windows application that retrieves your boat data from Sailaway server and sends it through TCP using NMEA sentences.
You can use this to connect Sailaway to a software (or hardware!) that accepts NMEA sentences + TCP. Specially useful for routing software such as qtVlm or OpenCPN.
Boat data is refreshed every 10 minutes. This is to avoid overloading the Sailaway servers, which can have an impact on game performance.
How to use
- Download and extract the SailawayToNMEA_0.4a.zip
- Run the application and wait for it to connect to the Sailaway server.
- Select the TCP port you want to use.
- Enter your username (exactly!) and then click in Load boats. The boats will only appear if you have been online in the game in the past 7 days.
- Select the boat you want to track.
- Click Start.
- Once the server is started you can connect to its address with the chosen TCP port from your hardware or software (qtVlm, OpenCPN,...). The address is usually 127.0.0.1 if you run both softwares in the same computer.
This version adds a Dead Reckoning option to estimate a new boat position each minute.