Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Migrating from 3.x to 4.x
- New features in 4.x
- Migrating from 2.x to 3.x
- New features in 3.x
- Application Patterns
Misc modules that extend Express or provide useful utilities.
- session.socket.io (SessionSockets) -- Connect middleware sessions in socket.io
- Express Expose -- Expose js objects, functions, and modules to client-side scripts
- Express Messages -- Flash message display dynamicHelper
- Express Configuration -- Async configuration
- Express Resource -- Resourceful routing
- Express Helpers -- Misc view helpers for Express (broken link, try this package)
- Express Load -- Autoload scripts (routes, models, controllers...) into application instance for large Express applications
- express-group -- Group express routes and middleware
- express-module-server -- Middleware wrapper for google's module-server
- Express Path -- Easy route mapping for Express
- Express Shared Routes -- Small library that let you name routes and easily create navigation components like menus and breadcrumbs.
- [express-switch] (https://github.com/B3rn475/express-switch) -- express-switch is a pattern matching middleware for express
- [Express run middleware] (https://github.com/AminaG/node-run-middleware) - Small utility to manually trigger (calling) express routres, from your code.
- krauter -- An extended Router that accepts strings/objects and generates middleware that performs parameterized database queries
Template engines that are Express compliant out of the box.
- Pug -- Haml inspired template engine (formerly Jade)
- Haml.js -- Haml implementation
- hbs -- adapter for Handlebars.js, an extension of Mustache.js template engine
- React -- renders React components on server. It renders static markup and does not support mounting those views on the client.
- h4e -- adapter for Hogan.js, with support for partials and layouts
- hulk-hogan -- adapter for Twitter's Hogan.js (Mustache syntax), with support for Partials
- combyne.js -- A template engine that hopefully works the way you'd expect.
- swig -- fast, Django-like template engine
- Nunjucks -- inspired by jinja/twig
- marko -- A fast and lightweight HTML-based templating engine that compiles templates to CommonJS modules and supports streaming, async rendering and custom tags. (render directly to the HTTP response stream)
- whiskers -- small, fast, mustachioed
- Blade -- HTML Template Compiler, inspired by Jade & Haml
- Haml-Coffee -- Haml templates where you can write inline CoffeeScript.
- Webfiller -- plain-html5 dual-side rendering, self-configuring routes, organized source tree, 100% js.
- express-hbs -- Handlebars with layouts, partials and blocks for express 3 from Barc
- express-handlebars -- A Handlebars view engine for Express which doesn't suck.
- express-views-dom -- A DOM view engine for Express.
- rivets-server -- Render Rivets.js templates on the server.
- Exbars -- A flexible Handlebars view engine for Express
- Liquidjs -- A Liquid engine implementation for both Node.js and browsers
- express-tl -- A template-literal engine implementation for Express.
- vuexpress -- A Vue.js server side rendering engine for Express.js.
The Consolidate.js library unifies the APIs of these template engines to a single Express-compatible API.
Frameworks built with Express
The full list can be found at https://expressjs.com/en/resources/frameworks.html
- Feathers -- A minimal data driven wrapper that makes your app real-time in just a few lines.
- base12 -- a 12factor.net web app platform, built on express 3. Ported from our 2-year evolving boilerplate at Skookum Digital Works.
- Monorail.js -- Ultra lightweight MVC framework for Node.js
- Locomotive -- Powerful MVC framework for Node.js. Inspired by Ruby on Rails.
- CompoundJS -- High-level MVC framework inspired by RoR
- Calipso -- A Content Management System based on Express & Mongoose
- Derby -- A real-time, collaborative application framework
- Bones -- A client/server application framework built with Express & Backbone
- Matador -- MVC framework by the guys at Twitter
- Mojito -- Yahoo's MVC framework
- Moajs -- Moajs is a full stack framework based expressjs、mongoose、bluebird、mocha.
- Tower.js -- Full Stack Web Framework for Node.js and the Browser. Modeled after Ruby on Rails. Built for the client and server from the ground up.
- Railway-routes -- Low level library for generating Rails-style routes.
- Chungking -- Low level library for using Rails-style controllers with Express.
- sails.js -- Realtime MVC framework which normalizes socket.io to Express routes and connect middleware.
- Ghost -- Blogging platform.
- Krakenjs -- A Node.js web application framework by PayPal.
- Keystonejs -- A Node.js CMS and web application platform built on express and mongo.
- Maglev -- Preconfigured simple NodeJS framework built on express 4.1 and mongoose with support of hierarchical role based access control.
- LoopBack -- Powerful Node.js framework for creating APIs and easily connecting to backend data sources.
- Gugamarket -- NodeJS REST API with Gigya Social login integration. Built with Express, Mongoose, Swagger and other. It is also available via npm package manager.
- Boilerplate -- boilerplate app supplying Express, Connect, Socket-IO, Jade/Pug and more.
- express-mongoose-es6-rest-api -- A boilerplate application for building REST APIs using express and mongoose in ES6 with code coverage.
- express-site-template -- jade, stylus, sessions with redis
- backbone-express-mongoose-socketio -- Boilerplate app supplying backbone, mongoose, and socket.io
- node-express-mongoose -- A boilerplate application for building web apps using express, mongoose and passport. (demo)
- bearcat-todo -- a simple todo app built on bearcat and express, bearcat makes it easy write simple, maintainable node.js
- node-scaffold -- a beautiful scaffolding module. It generates an app (MVC) based on express and mongoose for a given json configuration.
- Visit the Connect wiki for middleware.
- Grant -- OAuth middleware
- Flashify -- for rails type notifications
- express-uncapitalize -- redirect HTTP requests containing uppercase to a canonical lowercase form.
- express-simple-cdn -- easily use a CDN for your static assets, with multiple host support (ex. cdn1.host.com, cdn2.host.com).
- static-expiry -- fingerprinted URLs/Caching Headers for static assets including external domain(s) support.
- express-slash -- Express middleware for people who are anal about trailing slashes.
- express-debug -- unobtrusive development tool that adds a tab with information about req, session, locals, and more to your application.
- view-helpers -- An express middleware that provides common helper methods to the views.
express-partial-response -- Express middleware for filtering-out parts of JSON responses based on the
fieldsquery-string; à la Google API's Partial Response.
- [connect-image-optimus] (https://github.com/msemenistyi/connect-image-optimus) -- Connect/Express middleware for optimal image serving. Switches to webp/jpegxr if possible.
- [express-formwork] (https://github.com/B3rn475/express-formwork) -- a completely asynchronous middleware for form validation and sanitization based on [validator] (https://github.com/chriso/validator.js)
- server-components-express -- Express middleware to add helpers for rendering server components and automatically set up server-components-static to serve component static content.