This adds extra sensor data to weewx by using the data_services feature.
Currently requires both a DHT22 for temperature and humidity data, and a BMP180 for Barometer/Pressure/Altitude data.
This works really well if combined with the
weewx-sdr project, as you will be able to extract data from outside weather sensors and use the DHT22/BMP180 to get data for inside readings. i.e. Just like a Fine Offset console, without needing a console.
- Raspberry PI
- Weewx installed and working
- A DHT22 connected to GPIO, preferably pin 22 (If connected differently, this can be changed in weewx.conf)
- A BMP180 connected to GPIO, usually the SDA/SCL pins
- Adafruit_Python_DHT installed and working (see https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Python_DHT)
- Adafruit_Python_BMP installed and working (see https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Python_BMP)
- Copy the file in weewx_service/extra_sensors_service.py to the weewx user directory. This location could be different depending on how weewx was installed:
sudo cp weewx_service/extra_sensors_service.py /usr/share/weewx/user/
- Add the service to weewx.conf (NOTE: if you have existing data_services, then add this new service after your existing settings):
[Engine] [[Services]] data_services = user.extra_sensors_service.ExtraSensorsService,
- Restart weewx