SerfJ - Simplest Ever REST Framework for Java
Using SerfJ is the easiest way of developing Java REST web applications. It helps you develop your application over an elegant MVC arquitecture, giving more importance to convention than configuration, so for example, you will not have to have configuration files or annotations in order to specify which view serves a controller's method. However, SerfJ is a very flexible library, so if you want to jump over those conventions, you can configure the behaviour of your applications as you like.
The framework tries to meet JSR-311 specification, but it doesn't follow every point of that, because the purpose is to have a very intuitive library, and some some aspects of the specification are out of the scope of SerfJ.
Website - Reference - Javadoc - Downloads - Spanish website
Version 0.4.2 (20131112)
- Feature: Added a new config param 'encoding' with default value to UTF-8 for encoding responses.
Version 0.4.1 (20120914)
- Fix: Communication exceptions were not launched properly.
Version 0.4.0 (20120808)
- Feature: Default FileSerializer implementation, now is possible to serve files for downloading.
- Feature: New default extension (.file) for serving files.
- Feature: Within functional style you are able to implement generic serializers for whatever model you have.
- Feature: Now javax.servlet.ServletContext, javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest and javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse are accessible from controllers.
- Patch: Instead of implementing net.sf.serfj.serializers.Serializer developers must implement net.sf.serfj.serializers.ObjectSerializer for serializing objects.
- Patch: RestController.addObject2request is deprecated in favour of RestController.putParam
Version 0.3.4 (20120424)
- RestController.getRemoteAddress() doesn't check proxy headers.
Version 0.3.3 (20120420)
- Requests with null param values cause NPE.
- Binaries compiled for Java 5.
Version 0.3.2 (20120314)
- Updated Maven plugins and added versions at POM for plugins without version.
- Updated JAR dependencies versions
- Built on Java 6
- Extension .64 doesn't work. Now it's changed to .base64. Tests added.
- For resources called 'Signatures' the singular is not well made. Added an exception for signatures. Tests added.
- Identifiers for resources didn't allow alphabet chars although the identifier started with number. Changed to allow this kind of identifiers. Tests added.
- GroupId for serfj must be net.sf.serfj instead of net.sf. Changed to net.sf.serfj.
- When not serializer is found a NullPointerException is thrown.
- NPE thrown when server is not reached
- Fix Javadoc formatting
Version 0.3.1 (20110804)
- Calling getId(resource) always returns null
- Add method getId() to controllers
- RestServlet refactor
Copyright 2010 Eduardo Yáñez Parareda, licensed under the Apache License