eZ Platform Enterprise Edition
What is eZ Platform Enterprise Edition?
eZ Platform Enterprise Edition is commercial CMS (Content Management System) software developed by eZ Systems.
eZ Platform Enterprise Edition derives from eZ Platform. It is composed of a set of bundles. eZ Platform Enterprise Edition, like eZ Platform, is built on top of the Symfony framework (Full Stack). It has been in development since 2014.
How to get access to eZ Platform Enterprise Edition?
While this meta repository,
ezplatform-ee, is public to ease installation and upgrades, full access can be obtained in one of three ways:
- Request an online demo on ez.no
- As a partner, download trial version from Partner Portal
- As a customer with an eZ Enterprise subscription, get full version from Service Portal. Or by setting up Composer Authentication Tokens for use in combination with this repository.
eZ Platform Enterprise Edition vs. eZ Platform
eZ Platform Enterprise Edition is a distribution flavor of eZ Platform, our Symfony-based enterprise level open source CMS. In short, Enterprise comes with addtional features and services that extend eZ Platform functionality for media industry and team collaboration.
eZ Platform is 100% open source and is the foundation for the commercial eZ Platform Enterprise Edition software which adds advanced features for editorial teams, 100% built on top of eZ Platform APIs.
- eZ Platform Developer Hub: ezplatform.com
- eZ Platform Open Source and Enterprise Edition roadmap
- eZ Systems (commercial products and services): ez.no
NOTE: For simplified installation, consider using eZ Launchpad which takes care of the whole server setup for you.
Installation instructions below are for installing a clean installation of eZ Platform Enterprise Edition in latest version with no demo content or demo website. Full installation documentation is kept current in the online docs, and includes instructions on installing other distributions (like ezplatform "clean" and ezplatform-ee-demo enterprise edition), or other versions.
These instructions assume you have already installed:
- PHP (7.1 or higher)
- Web Server (Recommeneded: Apache / Nginx. Use of php's built in development server is also possible)
- Database server (MySQL 5.5+ or MariaDB 10.0+)
- Git (for development)
For further information on requirements see online doc.
Install eZ Platform (clean enterprise distribution)
Assuming you have prerequisites sorted out, you can get the install up and running with the following commands in your terminal:
composer create-project --keep-vcs ezsystems/ezplatform-ee ezplatform ^2 cd ezplatform
Note: If composer is installed localy instead of globally, the first command will start with
During the installation process you will be asked to input things like database host name, login, password, etc.
They will be placed in
Next you will receive instructions on how to install data into the database, and how to run a simplified dev server using the
bin/console server:run command.
Tip: For a more complete and better performing setup using Apache or Nginx, read up on how to install eZ Platform manually.
Submitting bugs, improvements and stories is possible on https://jira.ez.no/browse/EZEE. If you discover a security issue, please see how to responsibly report such issues on https://doc.ez.no/Security.
eZ Platform aims to be 100% content compatible with eZ Publish 5.x, 4.x and 3.x (introduced in 2002), meaning that content in those versions of the CMS can be upgraded using online documentation to eZ Platform.
Unlike eZ Publish Platform 5.x, eZ Platform does not ship with eZ Publish Legacy (4.x). But this is available by optional installing LegacyBridge to allow eZ Platform and eZ Publish Legacy to run together, this is only recommended for migration use cases and not for new installations.
Copyright (C) 1999-2018 eZ Systems AS. All rights reserved.
- http://ez.no/Products/About-our-Software/Licenses-and-agreements/eZ-Business-Use-License-Agreement-eZ-BUL-Version-2.1 eZ Business Use License Agreement eZ BUL Version 2.1
- https://ez.no/About-our-Software/Licenses-and-agreements/eZ-Trial-and-Test-License-Agreement-eZ-TTL-v2.0 eZ Trial and Test License Agreement (eZ TTL) v2.0