Project page: http://projects.ez.no/ezautosave Roadmap feature request: http://share.ez.no/feature-requests/auto-store-draft-feature
eZ Autosave enables the automatic and transparent saving of the draft while editing a content in eZ Publish. Based on this, it also provides an "inline" preview from the content edit in the administration interface.
This extension is based on QH Autosave by Quoc-Huy NGUYEN DINH
- Regularly save the draft (interval defined in
- Save the draft when the user leaves a form field (enable/disable
- Hide the "Store draft" button (enable/disable through
- Try to save the draft if the editor unexpectedly quits the content edit page (back button, close browser, ...)
- eZ Publish 2012.01 or 4.7 or newer
- Add timeout support as soon as the YUI3 bug #2531308 is fixed http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui3/ticket/2531308
- When timeout is implemented, add a Retry button in case of timeout
- Use the output of the ezjscore action to update the content edit form: for instance, after uploading an image, the preview could be updated or the unvalidated field could be hightlighted.
- Let the editor disable/enable the autosave process
- Let the editor choose the interval between two autosave attempts
It's the main part of the extension, it allows to automatically submit a
form at fixed interval or because the user has changed something.
This component extends the EventTarget YUI3 component and then triggers some events during its life. The available events are (see example below for details):
It also listens for the event 'autosubmit:forcesave'. When this events is fired, the Y.eZ.AutoSubmit component will try to submit the form no matter if its state has changed or not.