a thinger for syncing your .rc files between machines
so many virtual machines, so many homedirs, so much variation in config...
- a cute shell based ui so that you can:
- tell it about machines
- tell it about ssh keys
- tell it which configs you care about
- tell it what "class" a machine is from (webserver or something)
- tell it what dist the machine runs (so it can account for redhat/debian madness)
- tell your shell that you want it running when you login
- assorted backends, most likely some kind of vc backend, REST or DAV, scp/rsync
- secure and sneaky so your ssh keys don't go anywhere (unless you ask for them to)
- optoutable, so that you can have different versions of the same file per host (like your public_html/ at work can be more sensible than the one you have on your blog!)
It'll keep your configs uniform, and sensible ... like a user specific cfengine, I suppose
maybe it should include checks on the version of programs on the machine, so it doesn't install stuff that will break config on old apps?
init set up storage
add keep an eye on these files for me --perbox add --redhat-prefix foo bar when syncing on redhat, foo is prefixed by bar ... maybe? unadd forget it