IconCaptcha is a self-hosted captcha which is faster, more user-friendly and more customizable than other captchas. Users no longer have to read any annoying text images, solve difficult math equations or play any puzzle games. IconCaptcha is simple: Compare up to 8 icons and select the icon type shown the least amount of times.
Visit IconCaptcha for ASP.NET here. (no longer maintained, last stable version is 1.0.0)
- User Friendly: The captcha uses easily understandable images instead of hard to read texts to complete the captcha.
- Server-side Validation: All validation done by the captcha will be performed on the server-side instead of the client-side.
- Self Hosted: Because IconCaptcha is a self-hosted plugin, you are not relying on any third party.
- No Data Sharing: Unlike captchas such as Google ReCaptcha, no user data will be stored or sold to third parties.
- Modern Design: The look and feel of IconCaptcha fits every modern website design.
- Events: Events are triggered at various points in the code, allowing you to hook into them and execute custom code if necessary.
- Themes: Select the design of the captcha without having to ever touch a stylesheet, or create your own custom theme.
- SASS: The project contains a SASS file, allowing you to easily style and compile the stylesheet.
- IE 10+ Support: IconCaptcha has been tested in Internet Explorer 10 & 11 and is functional in both versions.
New in v3
In version 3 of IconCaptcha, the whole plugin got an overhaul - both client-side and server-side. With better security features, more customizations/options, new themes, no more jQuery dependency and 180 icons, version 3 is the biggest change to IconCaptcha yet.
- No longer required to use jQuery, although IconCaptcha can still be used with jQuery.
- More captcha image generation options to increase the difficulty.
- Automatic captcha invalidation after a period of no user interaction.
- Automatic timeouts when too many incorrect selections were made by the user.
- New light and dark themes with more modern designs, with improved support for custom themes.
- Includes 180 new modern icons, created by Streamline.
- Better stability, general code improvements and bug fixes.
For information on how to install, set up and configure IconCaptcha, please check the Wiki pages:
- How To Use - A guide on how to setup and use IconCaptcha.
- Requirements - A list of requirements to get IconCaptcha working properly on your website.
- Download - Information on how to download the required client-side and server-side packages.
- Usage - Details on how to implement IconCaptcha in both the client-side and server-side.
- Options - All available configuration options, including their meaning and default values.
- Messages - All the localization strings used in IconCaptcha.
- Events - All client-side events which are triggered at various points in the captcha process.
- Custom Themes - Details on how to implement and enable custom themes.
The icons used in this project are made by Streamline.
This project is licensed under the MIT license.