Android Architecture Components Demo
This is a Kotlin project that uses some Android Architecture Components (ViewModel and LiveData) with Dagger 2 and RxJava.
This project is a fork of official GithubBrowserSample, I converted it to kotlin and modified some architectural aspects to test ViewModel and LiveData features.
- each ViewModel manages an immutable ViewState (implemented using a Kotlin data object)
- a ViewModel can invoke actions on the ui (for example a SnackBar visualization or a navigation to another activity) using a UiActionsLiveData. ViewModels don't maintain a reference to the Activity, using the UiActionsLiveData it just schedules action on the ui
- multi module project, thanks to Dagger Android the ui is splitted in multiple modules
- Fragment args are managed using a companion object base class
- JVM tests are written using Mockito and AssertK
- Espresso tests are written using DaggerMock and Mockito
- ViewModels are instantiated using a custom factory defined in Dagger application scope and replaced with a stub in Espresso tests
- asynchronous tasks are managed using Coroutines (the rxjava branch contains the same example with RxJava singles instead of coroutines)