The LED screen
This program print basic text patterns and effects on a kind of RGB LED Wall matrix by Tecnovision Spa. The shape of the LED WALL is a narrow strip of panels, 8 m. length overall. The content rendered on the LED Wall is taken from a portion of the screen where the software run. An external device, connected to the VGA port, crop and elaborate the video signal to send to the LED Wall by a BNC coaxial wire of 20m length.
The application provides the following features:
- User defined text
- 2 Programs: One normal looping forever, the second callable anytime as a flash message
- Timing poweroff/poweron function
- Background and foreground colors
- Background effects
- Text configurable movements
To code this I used:
There are two GUI interfaces used to program the screen:
- SDL gui with pygame and PGU
- WEB gui with pyramid python
The application save its data in a single file using a pickled object.
please, give a look at the THANKS.txt file
- April, 2012