PROJECT: DIY Weather Station created on Dec. 2013 by IZ1ZCK
Weather graphs (when available): https://thingspeak.com/channels/8836
DESCRIPTION: Sketch for Arduino Fio to operate a DIY Weather Station based on several sensor modules, store weather data on SD Card and publish them on any "Internet of Things" websites or via APRS Amateur Radio network. XBee Series1 modules, 1 XBee Explorer and 1 Raspberry Pi with internet connection that runs a Python script are currently needed in this configuration to allow wireless operation and remote Arduino Fio Programming More details coming soon on: http://sites.google.com/site/iz1zckweb/
LICENSE: EXEPT FOR ALL PARTS OF CODE I GOT ONLINE where other license restrictions may apply (that's a lot! See Credits below) this project is released under The MIT License (MIT) http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT The above copyright notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of this Software.
LIMITATION OF RESPONSIBILITY: This project is distributed as-is in the hope that it may be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are free to adapt the code the to your needs but I can't be held responsible for any phisical or electronic damage, electric shock or injuries. You should ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK all connections and make sure you TAKE ALL THE SAFETY MEASURES related to projects where electric currents are involved.
CREDITS: This project is built copy-pasting and adjusting lots of code preciously shared by the arduino & hacking community around the world, and specifically...
- BMP085 Pressure sensor http://bildr.org/2011/06/bmp085-arduino/ http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/253
- RTC Clock http://learn.adafruit.com/ds1307-real-time-clock-breakout-board-kit/understanding-the-code
- SD Card http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Datalogger
- Arduino Fio Programming http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardFioProgramming
- Temperature DS18S20 sensor http://bildr.org/2011/07/ds18b20-arduino/
- DHT22 Humidity sensor http://gist.github.com/dmccreary/7503212
- LED as Light sensor http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-as-lightsensor-on-the-arduino/
- Vcc internal sensor http://code.google.com/p/tinkerit/wiki/SecretVoltmeter http://www.semifluid.com/2012/09/09/arduino-fio-internal-voltmeter-and-thermometer/
- Wind sensor / Vane / Rain gauge http://kesslerarduino.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/sparkfun-weather-station/
- Barometric Pressure sensor http://bildr.org/2011/06/bmp085-arduino/
- Arduino Sleep Mode http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/arduinoSleepCode
- Arduino Fio and XBee Sleep Modes http://www.semifluid.com/2012/09/07/arduino-fio-low-power-setup/
- XBee http://www.johnhenryshammer.com/WOW2/pagesHowTo/xbeeSeries1.php http://www.desert-home.com/p/the-world-of-xbee.html
- Raspberry Pi and ThingSpeak (Python script) http://www.desert-home.com/2013/09/raspberry-pi-and-thingspeak.html http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/