This is a template to be used in Jenkins CI in order to build a Ruby On Rails project
After you've installed require gems in your project test the following commands are working in your environment
rake db:migrate db:test:prepare rake ci:setup:rspec spec:rcov rake CUCUMBER_OPTS='--format html --out features/reports/features.html' cucumber metrical
You should edit your
Rakefile to make some of them working by adding the following lines
# used to generate ci reports, see ci_reporter documentation require 'ci/reporter/rake/rspec'
Finally you should add metrical configuration in
.metric file in your project, this is the mine
# used to generate metrics, see metric_fu documentation MetricFu::Configuration.run do |config| config.metrics = [:churn, :flog, :flay, :reek, :roodi, :hotspots, :rails_best_practices] config.metrics << :saikuro unless RUBY_VERSION == '1.9.2' config.graphs = [:flog, :flay, :reek, :roodi, :rails_best_practices] end
I excluded rcov from
metric_fu configuration because coverage task is included in Ruby Metrics Plugin.
Then in order to configure Jenkins:
- Install required Jenkins plugins using the plugin manager
- Make rvm available to the Jenkins user
- Install at least one Ruby for the jenkins user and set it to default with
rvm use <ruby> --default, where
<ruby>is the version you've installed.
metricalgem for the jenkins user (
rvm use default && gem install metrical)
- Install this template in Jenkins by
cd $JENKINS_HOME/jobs && git clone git://github.com/fabn/rails-jenkins-template.git rails-template
- Restart Jenkins to load the new job template
- Click on "New Job"
- Enter a "Job Name"
- Select "Copy existing job" and enter "rails-template" into the "Copy from" field.
- Click "OK"
- Disable the "Disable Build" option
- Fill in your "Source Code Management" information
- Edit project options as your needs (i.e. disabling some steps or reports)
- Click "Save"
- Sebastian Bergmann for the idea http://jenkins-php.org/