bCombat v0.18 [SP]
bCombat is an ArmA 3 infantry AI enhancement mod in form of addon. It's currently Single Player. CBA is this only requirement.
Running other Mods: Running other AI mods may cause issues to bCombat. Please avoid running mods directly tweaking CfgAISkill config or using customized danger.fsm files.
Running ArmA 3 campaign: bCombat is designed to cope with campaign, just set the following parameters within config.sqf:
bcombat_damage_multiplier = 1.0; bcombat_allow_investigate = false; bcombat_allow_fleeing = false; bcombat_allow_surrender = false;
Running crowded missions: if you're running missions involving hundreds of units please consider deactivating enhanced hearing and CQB routines into config.sqf, as they're resource intensive. This is achieved by setting:
bcombat_cqb_radar = false; bcombat_allow_hearing = false;
- Download and install latest CBA distribution, get it from here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18768
Please remove any existing bCombat installations: delete "@bcombat" folder as well as "userconfig\bcombat_config.hpp" configuration file.
- Extract the bCombat zip package anywhere.
- You have to rename the branch folder ("bCombat-master" or "bCombat-vX.XX") to "@bcombat"
- Move "@bcombat" folder from extraction location to your ArmA 3 main folder ( usually: \steamapps\common\Arma 3\ )
- Edit ArmA 3 shortcut and add the "-filepatching" startup parameter (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters).
- Launch ArmA 3 and check bCombat is active within "Configure / Expansions" menu.
- Mod should be installed into a folder named "@bcombat" within your main Arma3 directory, e.g. "Arma3/@bcombat".
- Current bCombat version does allow support external .hpp userconfig.
bCombat aims to achieve both a more aware and human-alike infantry AI. It features an unique ecosystem, including an event-driven AI morale / skill system as well as many optional AI enhancements.
- Morale system driving dynamically AI behavour and skills.
- AI behaviour is affected by many environmental events (spotted enemies, explosions, bullets whizzling by, ricochets, wounds, casualties, ...).
- Modular mod architecture: optional features may be toggled on/off or tweaked at will.
- Reduced (excessive) AI firing accuracy.
- AI units proactively lay suppressive fire and suffer sensible morale / skill penalty when suppressed.
- Increased AI survivability: better use of cover, movement and suppressive fire lead to longer firefights.
- Player led AI units require far less micro-management on the battlefield.
Core features include:
- Full-featured morale system: morale affects both AI behaviour and combat effectiveness. AI will act aggressively or passively depending on circumstances.
- Event driven AI behaviour: any environmental events such as enemies inbound, heard gunfire, suppressive fire, nearby explosions and ricochets or casualties have an effect on AI behaviour.
- Real-time suppression effects: bCombat relies on (included) bDetect framework for accessing real-time ballistic information on any bullets flying by on the battlefield.
- Automatic, gunfire aware stance handling: units will crouch, sprint or go prone according to situation
- Enhanced fire & movement routines
Optional (toggleable) features include, as of v0.15:
- Custom move to cover behaviour
- Aggressive return fire / fire back behaviour
- Mutual covering behaviour
- Suppressive fire behaviour
- Specialized suppressive / overwatch behaviour
- Custom fleeing behaviour
- Surrendering behaviour
- CQB enhancements
- Enhanced hearing: units do hear gunfire and explosions at distance
- Investigate behaviour: units alerted by casualties or gunfire may move to nearby places to investigate enemy presence
- Enhanced grenade throwing: very short to long distance, includes blind throwing over obstacles
- Smoke grenade throwing
- Automatic formation tightening feature
- Faster movement feature
- Friendly fire damage capping
- Custom damage multiplier
- And more ...
All this is delivered pre-configured and ready to go, while it can be tweaked at will via its own configuration file (config.sqf).
bCombat was created by Fabrizio_T. It's dedicated to the OFP/ARMA community and to BIS. This mod wouldn't have seen the light without the support of the testers:
- The Hebrew Hammer
A final thanks to talented modders who over time inspired this work:
Any constructive feedback is welcome, as long as expressed in polite and mature manner.
The modification is provided as is, without warranty of any kind. Author is not responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage of any kind, without limitation.