Surfcheck Backend and WebApplication
- The github repo of the ReactNative Mobile app using this api.
- The webapplication
- The api endpoints, documentation and postman requests. The api is public and free.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:fabriziobertoglio1987/surfbackend.git bundle install yarn install
rspec for running test suite. Specs are currently not completed and some will fail. They will be fixed in the future.
- API/Web Authentication was built with Devise as explained in this stackoverflow answer, simple token authentication. I enhanced the devise registration and sessions controllers to handle API-Authentication
- Web/API pictures upload built with carrierwave and the following solution
- Responsive WebPage built with
reverse geocodedatabase entries based on the GPS latitude and longitude coordinates
Geospatial Queriesby user coordinates or bounding box
- Offering over 1 Million of surfspots information in the world with gps coordinates, pictures, wave forecast and surfspot information available in the webapplication, Iphone and Android native apps and json-api.
- Sidekiq and Cron-Sidekiq jobs to retrieve and calculate forecasts information
- Hosting on Digital Ocean
- Native Mobile Iphone and Android application
The OpenSource project is a mirror of the backend and includes 99% of the functionalities. Some features are kept private and they are not disclosed to the public.