Please sign in to comment.
Add accessibilityHint for iOS (#18093)
Summary: This adds the accessibilityHint for View, Text and Touchable* on iOS. The accessibilityHint provides some more information about an element when the accessibilityLabel is not enough. The accessibilityHint is a core accessibility property on iOS. From https://developer.apple.com/documentation/objectivec/nsobject/1615093-accessibilityhint: > An accessibility hint helps users understand what will happen when they perform an action on the accessibility element when that result is not obvious from the accessibility label. Related issue: #14706 The npm scripts `test`, `flow`, `lint` and `prettier` are satisfied. I added a couple of examples to the RNTester app. The Accessibility Inspector on Mac helps debugging accessibility stuff on a simulator, but it does not show the accessibilityHint. Therefore I tested the RNTester app on an iPhone 8 device using VoiceOver to verify the hint functionality. It works fine, and I've tested disabling and enabling "read hints" in the VoiceOver settings on the phone. facebook/react-native-website#222 [IOS][FEATURE][Accessibility] - Add accessibilityHint for View, Text, Touchable* on iOS Closes #18093 Reviewed By: hramos Differential Revision: D7230780 Pulled By: ziqichen6 fbshipit-source-id: 172ad28dc9ae2b67ea256100f6acb939f2466d0b
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 47 additions and 2 deletions.
- +1 −0 Libraries/Components/Touchable/TouchableBounce.js
- +1 −0 Libraries/Components/Touchable/TouchableHighlight.js
- +1 −0 Libraries/Components/Touchable/TouchableOpacity.js
- +3 −0 Libraries/Components/Touchable/TouchableWithoutFeedback.js
- +1 −0 Libraries/Components/View/ReactNativeViewAttributes.js
- +12 −0 Libraries/Components/View/ViewPropTypes.js
- +1 −1 Libraries/Text/Text/RCTTextView.m
- +26 −1 RNTester/js/AccessibilityIOSExample.js
- +1 −0 React/Views/RCTViewManager.m