Please sign in to comment.
Fix pinch crash in touch-responsive views.
Summary: Fork and rebase of gillessed's PR #13166 which has gotten stale. From original PR: Motivation (required) Multiple react native developer (including myself) have run into a crash with the react-native-photo-view library (and possibly others). The common solution to this problem lies in the underlying java code, and thus requires a change in the react native source. The stack trace I am getting is the same as listed here alwx/react-native-photo-view#15. There was a PR to fix this (#12085) but it was closed. In response to the comments there, in my PR, I do log the exceptions. I don't think we can get any closer to the exception because in the next level of the stack trace, we are in the android sdk code. Looking at some stack overflow pages and the android bug tracker, it seems that this is the common solution to this bug, and does not cause any impact any functionality. https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list?can=1&q=pointerindex+out+of+range&colspec=ID+Status+Priority+Owner+Summary+Stars+Reporter+Opened&cells=tiles Test Plan (required) I have manually tested this by compiling react native android from source and have confirmed the exception still gets hit and logged, but does not cause the app to terminate. Closes #17167 Differential Revision: D7014296 Pulled By: hramos fbshipit-source-id: 06b4a31062a591b726d2021e877d16f49881dcfd
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 55 additions and 18 deletions.
- +13 −3 ReactAndroid/src/main/java/com/facebook/react/views/drawer/ReactDrawerLayout.java
- +16 −6 ReactAndroid/src/main/java/com/facebook/react/views/scroll/ReactHorizontalScrollView.java
- +13 −6 ReactAndroid/src/main/java/com/facebook/react/views/scroll/ReactScrollView.java
- +13 −3 ReactAndroid/src/main/java/com/facebook/react/views/viewpager/ReactViewPager.java