These release notes were written by Joshua Sierles, thank you so much! And thank you to the 80 contributors who put 260 commits into this release! (Compare view)
- Added Babel helpers for es2015 imports (gist). ffea779
- For-of support: 5dc40af
- Support for ES6 modules in Babel plugins dff8f53
PullToRefreshViewAndroid: 37f8134, cad4686
- Android view shadows: b65f1f2
- Proper touch handling for transformed Views on Android: c929e15
- Android supports custom fonts; only TTF and OTF for now. bfeaa6a
- The Android ViewPager gets
- Images within a TextView, i.e. emojis, are now supported. a0268a7
- The Android performance profiler, Systrace, gets thorough documentation. d2c5045
keyboardAppearance prop was added to iOS TextInput. Useful for displaying a dark keyboard. f407211
- AsyncLocalStorage gets an in-memory cache. 397791f
- TextInput supports the
onSelectionChange event. 5a34a09
RCTPasteboard was released. Useful for copy-to-clipboard behavior. 26cb6be
- React Native now uses Babel 6, props to Tadeu Zagallo for upgrading and thanks David Aurelio and Sebastian McKenzie for all the help! We've been using React Native with Babel 6 at Facebook for quite a while now. Nevertheless, please report any errors related to Babel, such as transforms for some JS features not working as expected and we'll fix them.
- Touch events on Android now have coordinates consistent with iOS: 0c2ee5d
- YellowBox enabled by default on iOS: 8ab5182
- JS decorators won't work until T2645 lands in Babel. It's being worked on. The proposal for decorators is not final and therefore Babel 6 left decorator support out for now.
- Exporting default class that extends a base class won't work due to Babel's T2694.
RCTSparseArray was replaced by
NSDictionary. Modules using
RCTSparseArray should update. fa0b45c
RCTWebViewExecutor was removed. 0764e4e
- We've migrated all internal RN components to declare their propTypes inheritance explicitly in dd09c88. This allows for better control on which props can be used. In order to make third-party native components work you will need to add
...View.propTypes to the map of propTypes in the component definition (see dd09c88 for an example).