THIS IS A RELEASE CANDIDATE: this means it's not stable yet.
Please only upgrade to 0.60 if you'd like to help us test this before the stable release - which would be super useful
To test it, run:
react-native init RN060 --version react-native@next
Some of the major changes that this version will bring:
- AndroidX support (this will be a Breaking Change!)
- Full removal of WebView & Geolocation, you now need to rely on the extracted versions
- CocoaPods integration by default
- Auto-linking of packages as beta support (we will tell you more about this in the future!)
- some important fixes, like - for iOS - fix of universal links in iOS 12 / Xcode 10
(once we reach stable we will create the full changelog, these are only a few highlights)
You can refer to this issue for updates on the RC status, and you can post there your bug reports.
You can find the whole changelog history over at react-native-releases.