Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Memory usage improvements - reduced allocations in core which will help with GC pauses
- Performance improvements - in addition to speeding things up, we made some tweaks to stay out of slow path code in V8 and Nitro.
- Standardized prop -> DOM attribute process. This previously resulting in additional type checking and overhead as well as confusing cases for users. Now we will always convert your value to a string before inserting it into the DOM.
- Support for Selection events.
- Support for Composition events.
- Support for additional DOM properties (
- Support for additional SVG properties (
- Support for using
- Support mounting into iframes.
- Bug fixes for controlled form components.
- Bug fixes for SVG element creation.
React.isValidClass- Used to determine if a value is a valid component constructor.
React.autoBind- This was deprecated in v0.4 and now properly removed.
- Began laying down work for refined performance analysis.
- Better support for server-side rendering - react-page has helped improve the stability for server-side rendering.
- Made it possible to use React in environments enforcing a strict Content Security Policy. This also makes it possible to use React to build Chrome extensions.
React with Addons (New!)
- Introduced a separate build with several "addons" which we think can help improve the React experience. We plan to deprecate this in the long-term, instead shipping each as standalone pieces. Read more in the docs.
- No longer transform
classNameas part of the transform! This is a breaking change - if you were using
class, you must change this to
classNameor your components will be visually broken.
- Added warnings to the in-browser transformer to make it clear it is not intended for production use.
- Improved compatibility for Windows
- Improved support for maintaining line numbers when transforming.