These reflect the current plans of Relay Team as of the 14 March 2016 Sync. For the latest information as plans evolve, see the Meeting Notes.
- Mobile First: support React Native product teams at Facebook.
- Simplicity with predictable degrees of correctness.
- Balancing product sophistication vs speed of iteration on Relay core.
- Provide low-level primitives so that product teams and OSS users can build tooling in user space (as they can with React).
- Reduce support costs:
- Identify and address common types of issues.
- Simplify the API and improve documentation to help developers understand the framework better.
- Improve mutations.
- Persisted queries.
- RelayConnection API.
- Unified response handling (GraphMode).
- Simpler/faster core (#559, also ideas in Potential Projects).
- Split Relay core and react-relay; core provides basic primitives to build tools in userspace. (#559)
- Investigate "persisted"/native cache readers (read from cache in native code).
- Reduce memory usage (improve garbage collection or rethink).
- Potential improved integration with React.
- Support TTL or some other cache expiration policy.
- Local schema and/or Redux integration.
- ...and other issues tagged as enhancements.