For each languages there are mainly 2 libraries, for instance parsing_php.cma and analysis_php.cma, that you can embed in your own application if you need to process PHP code. See the demos/ directory for example of use of the pfff API. See also docs/manual/Parsing_xxx.pdf and docs/manual/Analyzis_xxx.pdf for more documentation on how to use or extend pfff.
pfff is also made of few tools:
- pfff, which allows to test the different parsers on a single file
- scheck, a bug finder
- stags, an Emacs tag generator
- sgrep, a syntactical grep
- spatch, a syntactical patch
- codemap, which is a gtk and cairo based source code visualizer/navigator/searcher leveraging the information computed previously by pfff_db and codegraph.
- codegraph, a source code indexer and package/module/class dependency visualizer
- codequery, an interactive tool a la SQL to query information about the structure of a codebase using Prolog as the query engine
- pfff_db, which does some global analysis on a set of source files and store the data in a marshalled form in a file somewhere (e.g. /tmp/db.json)
For more information, look at the pfff wiki here: http://github.com/facebook/pfff/wiki/Main as well as the docs/manual/ directory.
Usage for pfff:
$ ./pfff -parse_php demos/foo.php
$ ./pfff -dump_php demos/foo.php
You can also look at ./pfff --help
Usage for pfff_db:
$ ./pfff_db -lang ml -o /tmp/pfff.json ~/pfff
to analyze all the .ml and .mli files under ~/pfff and store metadata information (the database) in /tmp/pfff.json
Usage for codemap:
$ ./codemap ~/pfff
This should launch a gtk-based GUI that allows you to visualize source code and perform some code search.
Usage for codegraph:
$ ./codegraph -lang cmt -build ~/pfff
to generate a graph_code.marshall file in ~/pfff containing all dependency information about the pfff codebase using the typed bytecode .cmt files generated during the compilation of pfff.
$ ./codegraph ~/pfff
This should launch a gtk-based GUI that allows you to visualize source code dependencies.
Look at the pfff wiki here: http://github.com/facebook/pfff/wiki/Main