IMPORTANT: this is a snapshot of code under development. It's likely to have bugs. We recommend using the latest official release, below.
NOTE: the project file format has changed slightly. Projects written by this release can be opened by older versions, but formatting on string operands will be lost.
NOTE: script extension plugin behavior was changed. Pre-v1.3 plugins will not work with this release.
Changes since last official release:
- Added local variables. These are redefinable symbols that can be used for zero-page and stack-relative operands.
- Rewrote the Edit Instruction Operand dialog to make the "shortcuts" less obscure.
- Added support for multiple character encodings.
- Added C64 PETSCII and screen codes.
- Various parts of the UI updated to allow the encoding to be specified.
- Updated the string scanners to work with different encodings, and include control characters as valid string data (e.g. CR/LF).
- Updated the assembly source generators to output appropriate code.
- Made string and character operand delimiters configurable, so you can tell at a glance how something is encoded.
- Added partial support for ACME cross-assembler.
- Changed handling of BRK to treat it as a single-byte instruction with no operand. (Most assemblers expect this.)
- Added support for Apple /// SOS MLI calls, which use BRK instructions with inline data.
- Updated cc65 output for v2.18. Improved 64tass output.
- Various minor UI fixes.
For installation instructions, see the notes for the most recent official release.