Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
... shaders ...
Less than a year ago I released Pixel 0.7. In the announcement, I declared that I will no longer be working on Pixel so much and instead leave the big things to contributors.
I am very happy to announce that despite this, Pixel is thriving. And it's not thanks to me but thanks to the great community and new contributors.
- Pixel 0.7 was released on Feb 20, 2018
- Reached over 1600 stars
- Closed 70 issues in total
- Closed 49 pull request, the majority of which got merged
Changes / new features
There are two big changes in this release. The first one is boring, the second one is extremely exciting.
- Examples were moved to a separate pixel-examples repository as per #135, which shrunk the main repo from ~90MB to <1MB in size.
- pixelgl.Canvas got a support for custom fragment shaders. This is a huge and exciting change that happened thanks to @thegtproject. Thank you a lot for that!
Accompanying the shader support comes a new tutorial so you know how to use them.
This has been a great time for Pixel and I hope it continues to be. New contributors and users are always warmly welcomed. Just join the chat at https://gitter.im/pixellib/Lobby.