Checklist for CVN operators
This checklist is meant for supporting CVN operators to make sure their setup meets all requirements for safe and permanent operation.
- My system runs a recent version of a linux distribution and its packages are all up to date
- My system provides enough resources (RAM/CPU) to process transactions and blocks and to quickly serve blocks to other peers
- I run the latest FairCoin Core wallet software made available by the FairCoin developers
- I have correctly configured NTP on my system and checked that the system clock is correct
- I use a wired internet connection
- I have physical access to the system and Fasito is plugged in to a USB port
- I have placed the system in a safe location with stable (wired) internet and power connection
- My system has enough hard drive space available to store the whole blockchain
- TCP port 40404 of the system is open and reachable from the internet
- I have instructed a trustworthy person to take care of the system in case I'm unavailable
- If I live in an area with frequent power outages I've set up a UPS and connected the internet modem/router as well as the system to it
- I do not run the wallet as the root user
- If I know there will be an outage which brings my CVN offline I will inform the CVN Operators Group about the predicted time and duration
- If I notice my CVN is not working I will inform the CVN Operators Group giving as much information as possible about the incident as well as an estimated time frame to resolving the problem.