This release adds support for up to 26 custom piece types per user-defined variant.
- Custom piece types
- New base piece movements
- Diagonal cannon
- Limited distance sliders
- Yari, Tori, and Okisaki shogi
- Small speed improvements for all variants
- Significant playing strength improvement in bughouse against human opponents by considering drops of pieces from anticipated piece flow.
- Fix atomic castling rules for one corner case to ensure compatibility with lichess rules.
- Use correct rank numbering for en passant field in Grand chess FENs in CECP protocol.
- Disambiguate castling moves in variants where the king only moves one square to castle.
Files of the release
.exeare Windows executables, the files without extensions are Linux binaries.
- Versions containing
largeboardhave support for board sizes >8x8 (e.g., Xiangqi, Shogi), the others are faster but have less variants.
bmi2versions for best performance on modern hardware, or fairy-stockfish-largeboard_x86-64.exe for best compatibility.
variants.inicontains documentation and examples how to configure user-defined variants and pieces.