Code of Conduct
All contributors and maintainers of this project are subject to this Code of Conduct.
We pledge to respect everyone who contributes to the Falcon project or other associated activities by (including but not limited to) creating project issues, submitting pull requests, and providing feedback on the same. We also pledge to respect everyone who participates in discussions both online and at meetups and conferences.
Unacceptable behavior includes (but is not limited to) offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
If anyone within the Falcon community fails to adhere to this Code of Conduct, they can expect to face action by way of: removing comments, removing issues, deleting pull requests, and generally being banned from participating in the Falcon community.
- Act professionally
- Treat others as friends and family
- Seek first to understand
- Be honest, transparent, and constructive
- Use clear, concise language
- Assume good intent
Don't Do This
- Use indecent, profane, or degrading language of any kind
- Hold a patch hostage for some ulterior motive
- Take part in gossiping or backbiting
- Engage in bullying behaviors, including but not limited to:
- Belittling others' opinions
- Persistent teasing or sarcasm
- Insulting, threatening, or yelling at someone
- Accusing someone of being incompetent
- Setting someone up to fail
- Humiliating someone
- Isolating someone from others
- Withholding information to gain an advantage
- Falsely accusing someone of errors
- Sabotaging someone's work
Discussing things "in the open" is important. But it does not necessarily engender trust in a community, especially in the absence of cognizant moderation.
Unfortunately, open discussions sometimes lead to a culture of distrust. This happens when individuals in power publicly humiliate, intimidate, or even bully others in the community. Often this happens unconsciously or as a result of a poor choice of words. Regardless of whether the intent is actual or perceived, the damage to the community is the same, and must be quickly dealt with before it festers into a culture of enmity.
The project maintainer, with the support of the core reviewers, pledges to lead by example, as well as to hold contributors accountable for creating a positive, constructive, and productive culture. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
If a member of the Falcon community behaves unacceptably toward you or another individual, please contact Kurt Griffiths at email@example.com.
This Code of Conduct, created by Falcon Contributors and inspired by yourfirstpr, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.