Kubernetes Response Engine for Sysdig Falco
A response engine for Falco that allows to process security events executing playbooks to respond to security threats.
- Falco monitors containers and processes to alert on unexpected behavior. This is defined through the runtime policy built from multiple rules that define what the system should and shouldn't do.
- falco-nats forwards the alert to a message broker service into a topic compound by
- NATS, our message broker, delivers the alert to any subscribers to the different topics.
- Kubeless, a FaaS framework that runs in Kubernetes, receives the security events and executes the configured playbooks.
- Security event: Alert sent by Falco when a configured rule matches the behaviour on that host.
- Playbook: Each piece code executed when an alert is received to respond to that threat in an automated way, some examples include:
- sending an alert to Slack
- stop the pod killing the container
- taint the specific node where the pod is running