Currently, Titanium supports mobile smartphone operating systems such as Apple iPhone and Google's Android. However, we plan to support the RIM Blackberry and other platforms.
Titanium is licensed under the OSI approved Apache Public License (version 2). Please see the LICENSE file for specific details.
- Native apps built using web technologies
- Apps are compiled and run locally (offline available)
- Full support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to mix and match native UI controls with HTML controls (hybrid UIs)
- Support for all native platform UI controls
- Support for in-application SQL database
- Support for Geolocation (compass, geolocation, forward/reverse lookup)
- Support for Camera (taking Photos, playing and recording Video)
- Support for Photo Album (reading and writing)
- Support for Contacts Database
- Support for Streaming Audio
- Support for Vibration
- Support for Social APIs such as Facebook Connect, Twitter, etc
- Support for Yahoo YQL
- Support for Web Services via REST, SOAP
- Support for native Maps
- Support for Push Notifications
- Support for in-application Email
- Support for in-application SMS, Telephone
- Support for Filesystem (reading, writing, etc)
- Support for Gestures (such as Shake)
- Support for Platform and Device capabilities
- Support for complex native views such as Coverflow, Image viewers, Table views, Grouped Views, Composites, etc.
- Completely extensible via Module API for building your own controls or extending capabilities at compile-time
And much, much more.
There are a number of ways to get help with Titanium.
Codestrong.com is our developer documentation wiki.
Appcelerator Videos is our main video channel for video tutorials on Titanium.
Community Support Forums
Community Support Forums are availabel for get help from Appcelerator and the community or to share information about Titanium development.
Titanium developers regularly visit
#titanium_app on irc.freenode.net.
Please consider following the @Appcelerator Twitter team for updates.
The Appcelerator blog is called Appcelerant.
Commercial Support, Licensing
We give our software away for FREE! In order to do that, we have programs for companies that require additional level of assistance through training or commercial support, need special licensing or want additional levels of capabilities. Please visit the Appcelerator Website for more information about Appcelerator or email email@example.com.
Titanium is an open source project. Please help us by contributing to documentation, reporting bugs, forking the code to add features or make bug fixes or promoting Titanium on twitter, etc.
Appcelerator is a registered trademark of Appcelerator, Inc. Appcelerator Titanium is a trademark of Appcelerator, Inc.