.NET Core SDK CLI Helpers
dotnet sdk [command] dotnet sdk [version] dotnet sdk get [version] [platform]
||Switches to the [version] of .NET Core SDK version|
||Switches to the latest .NET Core SDK version|
||Lists all installed .NET Core SDKs|
||Lists all available releases of .NET Core SDKs|
||Downloads the provided release version & platform. ('' or 'latest' for the latest release. Default platform is
Installing the helpers
- Clone or download the repo on a desired location
- From within Administrator CMD prompt, run
dotnet-sdkscript and set its executable bit with
chmod +x dotnet-sdk.
- Create a symbolic link to it in
/usr/local/binusing the command
ln -s \<full_path\>/dotnet-sdk /usr/local/bin/.
This will make it possible to invoke the command using the
dotnet sdk syntax.
Troubleshooting installation of helpers
If the following message appears when running dotnet-.net.cmd from an administrator command prompt
``` WARNING: The data being saved is truncated to 1024 characters. SUCCESS: Specified value was saved. ```
- Edit the Path system variable manually and add the path that contains the cloned repository to it. E.g. if this repo was cloned at
C:\Projects\dotnet-sdk-helpers, then this should be added to Path
- Relaunch any open command shells. Alternatively, if chocolatey is installed, type
refreshenvand press enter.