The Garvuino is a PCB board for creating music, sounds and chiptunes, either through programming, soundtracker or live recording (midi).
It works with an Arduino Nano and an Atmega8 chip.
You can find the full manual here.
- AY-3-8910 emulator (using an atmega8 chip): it can replay Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, Amstrad square wave chiptunes from the sd card.
- Sid emulator: play some C64 musics, or use it as a midi synth with a fat sound.
- 1-bit music: play beeper music.
- Mozzi synth: fun FM sounds and many other effects, driven by MIDI or some captors.
How does it sound?
- http://picosong.com/HUGM/ (Xenon / Spectrum)
- http://picosong.com/wseMn/ (Cauldron / Amstrad)
- more to come
- http://picosong.com/wR2RN (polydrums)
- http://picosong.com/wR2Rr (cheap FM)
- more to come
Please refer to the manual and this folder for more info about setting up the atmega8 chip.
Please refer to this folder for the fritzing sources and gerber files.
It can also work without the PCB. Just use a breadboard and a few wires!
Please refer to this folder for the fritzing sources and pdf version.
Get the sketches in this folder
You can find some tunes for using with the AVR-AY setup in here. The arduino sketch can read the RSF files from the SD (it can't read the YM or AY files directly). You can convert to RSF with the AVR-AY Player.
- https://github.com/ArminJo/Talkie (not included in this repo, but works)
- Yoruk for his help on the PCB
- Evgeniy for AVR-AY emulator and invaluable help (initial code by Ramiros)
- Klaud for help with avr-ay
- Shiru for the 1-bit engines on Arduino
- Christoph Haberer and Mario Patino for the Sid-arduino lib
- The Mozzi team
- Protodome for the Micro Music Macro Language (μMML) (https://github.com/protodomemusic/mmml)
This BSD licence is only for the PCB sketch rendition, and code written from scratch. Code derived from other projects retains the original licence. For example Avray is GPLv3.
BSD 3-Clause License Copyright (c) 2015-2017, Garvalf All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * Neither the name of the <organization> nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL <COPYRIGHT HOLDER> BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.