IceApp is an OSX standalone app for running an ICE server (JBEI Inventory of Composable Elements). It packages up all the external dependencies and takes care of configuration to make installation and running of an ICE server an easy, user-friendly experience on OSX.
- JAVA Runtime Environment (latest 1.7 release at the time of packaging)
- JBOSS WildFly Server
- JBEI ICE
- NCBI BLAST
- Download the latest version from the releases page
- Double-click the downloaded
- Drag the
Ice.appicon into the
- Open your
Applicationsdirectory and run
The app will do the following:
- Set up a postgres database server, create the necessary users and databases, and run the server
- Set up a JBOSS Wildfly application server and create the necessary systems (e.g. https)
- Set up and deploy the ICE app onto the application server
To view your running ICE installation, go to http://localhost:8080.
Building the app from scratch
The app is setup to be able to be rebuilt with new versions of postgres, wildfly and ICE easily. Just follow the following steps to build from scratch:
brew install autoconf automake
Download the code:
git clone https://github.com/fathomlabs/IceApp.git
Download the internal dependencies:
gem install cocoapods cd IceApp pod install
Download and compile the external dependencies:
cd src make
Once this is done, you can just open
Ice.xcworkspace in Xcode, select the "Ice" scheme, and click "Build".
To export your build as an
.app, use the "Archive" command and then use the "Distribute" command in Organizer.
To package the exported app in a pretty
.dmg, save the archived app to the base directory of the source code, then:
npm install --global appdmg appdmg dmg.json IceApp.dmg