Eclipse SmartHome Build Instructions
Thanks for your interest in the Eclipse SmartHome project!
Building and running the project is fairly easy if you follow the steps detailed below.
Please note that Eclipse SmartHome is not a product itself, but a framework to build solutions on top. This means that what you build is primarily an artifact repository of OSGi bundles that can be used within smart home products. Besides this repository, a tool called "Designer" is available. The Designer can be used for editing configuration files with full IDE support.
- Prerequisites ================
The build infrastructure is based on Maven in order to make it as easy as possible to get up to speed. If you know Maven already then there won't be any surprises for you. If you have not worked with Maven yet, just follow the instructions and everything will miraculously work ;-)
What you need before you start:
- Maven3 from http://maven.apache.org/download.html
Make sure that the "mvn" command is available on your path
- Checkout ===========
Checkout the source code from GitHub, e.g. by running
git clone https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome.git
- Building with Maven ======================
To build Eclipse SmartHome from the sources, Maven takes care of everything:
- set MAVEN_OPTS to "-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
- change into the smarthome directory ("cd smarthome“)
- run "mvn clean install" to compile and package all sources
The build result will be available in the folder smarthome/distribution/target. Both the repository as well as the designer zips are placed in there.
- Starting the designer ========================
- unzip the file eclipsesmarthome-incubation-0.x.0-designer-.zip to a local folder
- run the executable „Eclipse-SmartHome-Designer[.exe]"