Install Ansible by copying and pasting the following command:
\curl -L RAW_URL | sh
This command should be idempotent. TODO be able to specify the version of Ansible.
Ansible is a swiss army knife for provisioning and maintaining home directories. It is therefore very useful to have
- we have (complete and unfettered) sudo access to the local machine
apt-getare the only available methods of grabbing extra resources
- Mac OS X doesn't have a decent package manager by default, we assume that the user has installed Homebrew.
Here's a rundown of what the script does:
- ensure there's a working package manager
- install Python 2.7.3 + pip through package manager
- install Ansible dependencies globally with pip
- install Ansible
aptitudeis already installed with any distribution
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rquillo/ansible
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ansible
On Mac OS X
I endorse the use of Homebrew for package management under Max OS X. However there exists no Homebrew Formula for installing Ansible. Until there is one, we will install Ansible manually.