So, kitsapbands.com started back in '97 when I was still learning php. This is a rails rewrite because the old code is heinous.
Why rails? I haven't built anything in rails before and wanted something people could easily contribute to.
- Fork, patch, and send a pull request.
- Anything rolled into master will get kicked to beta.kitsapbands.com until the app is good enough to flip.
- unit tests!
- tie user actions to models in a secure way
- restrict model edits to owners
- group ownership for some models (bands, venues, etc)
- flesh out models & relationships
- splat in whatever form widgets are needed for relationships (e.g., adding bands to shows)
- find/create a forum
- add whatever the railsy solution for exception notification/aggregation is