Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to P4A - PHP For Applications
P4A (PHP For Applications) is probably the best PHP5 RAD and object oriented PHP framework for building event-driven stateful web applications. It is based on Zend Framework and features tableless HTML, multiple databases, accesskey support, auto data type recognition, transparent AJAX, UTF-8, i18n/l10n.
A simple description
P4A is a PHP framework, a software containing libraries, modules and widgets used to build applications that will be used with a web browser connected to the net.
With P4A you’ll be able to develop web applications writing code as you would do with the most evolved rapid development tools. The result will be an application that the user will use with the same feeling that he would have with a classical client application.
You won’t have to worry about creating the graphic interface for your projects because P4A includes a nice and clean graphical theme.
Some stats about P4A history
- Born in February 2003
- More than 200,000 downloads
- Max downloads in a single day: 9,356 (31st May 2006)
- Max rank in Sourceforge activity: 8th of more than 100,000 projects (25th, 26th Feb 2007)
- Max rank in Sourceforge forum post count: 2nd of more than 100,000 projects (30th Jun 2006) with 168 posts in a week
- Awards: Sourceforge.net "2006 Community Choice Awards" (Finalist in the Database and Development categories). Sourceforge.net "2006 Community Choice Awards" (3rd classified in "Development" category)
- 100% PHP5
- Compatible with PHP 5.2.x, Apache 1.3.x/2.0.x and Microsoft IIS 6.0 web servers on Linux/Unix/Windows operating systems
- Completely object oriented and event based programming
- Based on Zend Framework 1.x (using Zend_Date, Zend_Db, Zend_Locale, Zend_Validate, Zend_Translate)
- Stateful as a classical client application
- Easy access to all major database engines (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite) through Zend_DB, with automatic data input mask generation
- Multiple database connections at the same time
- Automatic database data type recognition and consequent functionalities for automatic formatting and normalizing (integers, decimals, floats, date and time formats, booleans) coherent with the national locale settings
- Many user interface elements (Widgets) such as single line or multiple lines text fields with advanced rich WYSIWYG text editing support, checkboxes, single/multiple selection fields, tables, buttons, tree navigators, toolbars, fieldsets etc...
- WYSIWYG advanced editor (CKEditor) with file upload
- methods calls chainability
- 440 locales supported (numeric and date formats) thanks to the ZF implementation of the Unicode's CLDR
- More than 40 translations bundled
- Completely UTF-8
- Hyper customizable with color schemas, icons packs, additional CSS