Multivariate autoregressive models applied to gyrfalcon - ptarmigan count time series data.
Companion code and data to Barraquand F. and Nielsen. O, Predator-prey feedback in a gyrfalcon-ptarmigan system? Ecology and Evolution
- MAR models allow to highlight the interactions between the two species dynamics
- Using weather data from NE Iceland to infer weather effects on population growth
- Two different time lags considered to allow cyclic dynamics to occur independently of the predator-prey feedback
- Two key models, one with predator-prey feedback and one with bottom-up dynamics are considered in detail
- Models are compared both in terms of fit and resulting dynamical behaviour (i.e., simulating the fitted models)